09 March 2008

March-o-la

I can't believe it's already March. Holy crap! For real. This semester has been ridiculous. I'm doing a lot of work, but having a lot of fun too. So here...

internship:
I'm working on getting a newspaper internship for this summer. I emailed a bunch of places and I'm going to send in a portfolio to the Portland Tribune. If I don't get that I can probably get one with one of the smaller papers I've contacted that have told me to come for an interview when I get back from school. Exciting! Not so much of a failure as I thought I'd be! Yeah! I'm excited to have a photo internship this summer. It will be awesome going out and working as a photographer every day. yesssss.

artsy fartsy:
In other photography news, I'm taking Photography 2 in the fine arts department and it's fun as well. It's nice to be able to go out and shoot whatever I want without having a real specific story or assignment in mind. Man, y'all artists have it easy. :p Our next assignment is doing long exposure and/or night shots. When we print them all of them have to be toned and on 11x14 fiber paper. We don't do that shit in journalism. ok? jeeze. anyway. It should be cool. Also, Steve (the photo teacher) gave us Holgas to play with. So fun! I took a roll already. I think I'll develop it on Monday. The back of the camera fell off in my bag so there should be some interesting light leakage.

Uber.com:
I tried to make a website on this site. I failed. I don't like it. It doesn't let me control enough and it's hard to use. Cotey, you are practically a genius for making it work for you. I think I officially hate it.

Flippers:
So. They were carding at the Union club last night, and the clever ploy of telling them I was the designated driver didn't work. So we decided to go to flippers. Honestly, I was kind of scared. From the outside that place looks like the sort of place you get shanked in. For serious. And the name...is just creepy. But we got inside and I was surprised at how non-shitty it was. Granted, there was a jukebox instead of a band, but it made it a lot quieter, and there were much fewer people, which was what I was in the mood for.

Joni Mitchell: she fuckin rocks.

daylight saving time: its super late. for sure. I'm going to be working on my women in america midterm all day tomorrow, and I have work in craig tomorrow night. Someone spare me. Jeeze.

To finish this post... some pictures of last night's festivities

cotey chewing on his plastic wine cup and looking tortured as we look at his art.

first friday people

walking across the higgins st. bridge

blurry cars.

Love you all.

lovealison

No comments: