05 October 2005

On My Person

The jewelry I wear every day are some of the most important things I own. I wear my rings nearly every day. The most important one is white gold ring with a star sapphire in the middle with a tiny diamonds on either side that my mom gave me. I love the way the metal is shaped; swirling around each gem. Sometimes I stare at it in more boring classes (never comp…) and see if I can get the right angle to make the star appear in the blue stone. The second ring is my class ring. I think it’s cool because I designed it. It looks like a traditional class ring, but more feminine. It’s very personal; my birthstone is in it, and my name is engraved in the inside. The last ring I wear daily is a silver one I bought at the Saturday Market this summer at a little shop called Katmandu To You. Although it is newer than the other two the band is already bent from everyday wear. The band has a little dude that looks like a moon on it, which is also a circle. Attached to this is another circle which has a little swirl like an ‘s’. I don’t really know if it means anything. But I really like it.

I wear a bracelet everyday that I hardly ever take off. It looks like a silver ID bracelet but instead of a name it says “Peace.” This expresses a lot of things about me: I’m a peaceful person, generally, I support peace rather than war, and it reminds me to be at peace with my life. It is also sentimental as it is one of the first gifts Kellen gave me.

I have tons of other jewelry as anyone who has been in my room has seen. Most of them have little sentimental meaning, they are just pretty, and probably were really cheap. There are a few pieces that really mean a lot to me, these were the ones I choose to wear every day.

No comments: